Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I HAVE A SWING TO INSIDE MOHAWK TRANSITION!!!

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! I HAVE A SWING TO INSIDE MOHAWK TRANSITION!!!! Seriously, this transition has been a MAJOR roadblock for me since I started working on Pre-Bronze MITF this past year.  It's such a simple looking move, but for me, it has been a big source of frustration, fear, and tears.  I simply could not get onto the correct spot on my foot to allow for the transition to happen in my crossover patten, no matter which direction I went.  

Well, low and behold, it "clicked" yesterday.  I cannot describe how excited I am to have this happen! All it took was a simple change in my thought process as I'm doing the element.  I had been thinking "swing mohawk" as one element, and not dividing it into two parts.  So the other day, I just happened to think "swing" (get comfy on the inside edge) then "mohawk," and BAM! It worked!  I felt comfortable on the edge enough to put my foot down as I was in a good spot on my blade to allow it to happen. In the past, with thinking of the move as one whole chunk, I would freak out because I didn't have my balance on the proper edge, and I knew that if I went to put my foot down, I was going to fall, and that wasn't helping my fear factor at all.  My coach and I spent a lessons on this element, without much progress.  I have been so frustrated to the point of giving up on it, and have even cried over this.  It's like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, and I feel MUCH more confident on this! Is it perfect? Of course not, but am I way beyond happy to have this type of progress? YES!!  Who knew that just breaking down the element a bit would make such a huge difference?  I wish that this happened sooner, rather than later, but this is something that I had to sort out for myself, even if it took me so long to do it.  

I know that there are other improvements to make on the crossover pattern, but I'm so much more confident now, so I can move forward with making the improvements, and be ready to test in January!


1 comment:

  1. Hooray, Janet!! Congrats - I know how hard you worked on this. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete