Saturday, December 19, 2015

One Chapter Ends, Another Begins

One of the chapters in my "skating book" has finally come to an end.  I had my last lesson with my coach on Wednesday, and last saw him on the ice (at least for a while) this morning.  My coach is leaving as he will be starting his masters in Nursing at DePaul University in Chicago.  I'm so grateful to have had a coach who was not afraid to take on the challenge of teaching an adult beginning FS level skater, who also happens to be a clockwise skater, who has been through my skating ups and downs, and not once has told me that my skating goals are not attainable.

I am excited about his future endeavors, and am excited about working with the new coach that is lined up for me, but he will be someone that I will never forget. 


1 comment:

  1. That is bittersweet, Janet. I have had 2 of my coaches leave the rink for various reasons and it's hard saying goodbye. I hope you are able to find another coach who is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete